Every year New York Comic Con gets better and better, from the panels to the photo ops to the exclusive content offered to fans. Though many people think Comic Con is an event for superfans to geek out, brands and companies who attend as exhibitors can have just as much fun.
Now that the event is both in-person and digital, it gives more people a chance to attend, which means more competition for getting people to notice your booth. However, standing out at New York Comic Con is not impossible. There are specific steps you can take to ensure you capitalize on your time at the convention and leave an impact on as many people as possible.
Here are tips on how to stand out as an exhibitor at New York Comic Con:
- Make your booth interactive. You can design a beautiful booth with the perfect lighting, signage, and branding, but it could flop if you don’t give the attendees anything to do while they’re at your booth. Whether you have a photo activation or are selling products or memorabilia, you want people to be able to interact with your brand and create memories they won’t be able to make anywhere else.
- Create an experience for people. Designing a New York Comic Con booth is more than creating a cool-looking scene. You want to create an experience that people will think about long after the event ends. To do this, consider your brand and what you’re trying to promote. Then, determine what your audience loves about your brand. When you can mesh these two ideas together, you’re more likely to create an unforgettable Comic Con experience.
- Work with experienced Comic Con booth designers. You’ll want to work with an experienced partner to create your New York Comic Con. There are various display regulations and safety recommendations that you must meet or else you won’t be able to participate in the event. Working with an experienced team means they’re already in the know about what design ideas will pass and which will not.
- Customize your booth design. You cannot rely on a cookie-cutter plan for New York Comic Con. Though some exhibitors decide to rent their booths or take advantage of what designers already have in stock, it doesn’t allow you to fully customize your booth and experience. Attendees are more likely to remember you if your booth is something they’ve never seen before. Even if you take a basic build, you can still customize the inside of the booth, giving fans an unmatched experience.
- Keep things flowing. One way to stand out from other exhibitors at New York Comic Con is to have a well-run booth. If you’ve created a unique, interactive booth that draws people in, the only thing that can ruin it would be people not actually getting to experience it. To avoid this, you’ll want to ensure you have a knowledgeable and friendly team running the booth so they can interact with attendees, answer any questions, and move things along so that everybody gets a turn. You’ll also want to make sure you have an on-site manager to handle any logistical or technical issues that arise.
New York Comic Con Trade Show Booth Experts
Marketing Genome is one of the leading exhibit companies providing New York Comic Con trade show services. We have over 12 years of experience delivering award-winning results by producing custom exhibit rentals for Comic Con events across the country. In 2018, our team created and managed nine New York Comic Con booths. We provide complete turnkey service from the initial design concepts to the show paperwork and fabrication, all the way through on-site supervision of installation and tear down.
Do you want to be an exhibitor at a future New York Comic Con? One of our expert marketing consultants can provide a complimentary brainstorming and evaluation session to find out how we can help you. Let’s Talk!